I chose to use my Brushos. My first few attempts were disasters - my colours came out too strong or too muddy. I'd been using mixed media and watercolour papers. Then I went back to the coated cs I used when I first got my Brushos and had much better luck. I ended up creating three cards, the first of which I'm really pleased with:
My plan was to end up with distinct patches of scarlet, yellow, and orange to kind of fit the stamp but the colours ran together a bit more than intended. I was okay with the peachy colour they made in the centre. I watered the Scarlet Brusho down quite a bit to get it pale enough. When dry, I stamped the poppies.
|Stamps: Penny Black poppies, A Muse sentiment|
|Paper: ivory cs, coated cs|
|Paper Size: 5.25" square|
|Ink: Ranger Archival Jet Black|
|Accessories: black pearls, Lil Inkers stitched circle die, and Brushos (Scarlet, Orange, Yellow)|