A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 23 November 2015

Inspired Trees and Christmas Friends

Here are two cards I made this morning, each for a different challenge.  First up is one done for this week's SCS Inspiration Challenge.  Audrie chose her own Pinterest inspiration board and asked us to base a card on one the images.  The reason I chose this image was because I had just bought the Deep Red Winter Pines stamp and the Memory Box little cardinals die so it was the perfect opportunity to use them for the first time.


A very CAS card (which suits the inspiration image) - stamped and heat embossed the trees, used the same ink with a water brush for a bit of grounding, added a fine glitter to the snow parts of the trees, and glued on the cardinals.

The next card is for today's SCS CAS challenge "Holiday / Winter Critters", and this week's 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Friends and Family" challenge.

So I chose this Penny Black image as I love the way the dog and cat look like such good friends, giving each other Christmas gifts!

I stamped it and then watercoloured it with my Zig brush markers. I started out by also painting the background around the whole image but really disliked it, so fussy cut all around the image and popped it up on ivory cs - I'm much happier with it!

I added the fine version of Flower Soft to the hats, red pearl pen to the ornaments or lights among the evergreen garland, and stickles to the candle flames.

Thanks for dropping by!






Supplies for Card 1:
Stamps: Deep Red Winter Pines
Paper: white and red cs
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Versamagic Ocean Depths chalk ink
Accessories: Memory Box Cheery Cardinals dies, fine glitter, clear embossing powder, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, foam tape

Supplies for Card 2:
Stamps: Penny Black
Paper: ivory and red cs, watercolour paper
Paper Size: 4.75" square
Ink: Ranger Archival black
Accessories: Zig brush markers, Flower Soft, stickles, red pearl pen, foam tape

3 comments:

  1. These are just gorgeous! I really love that faux snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - both cards are fabulous. Love the watercoloured fireside scene between those cute friends! Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty, icy trees with the cardinals enjoying them, Susan! And I love the PB image! You've colored it beautifully and I think it shows up wonderfully on the white background! Great patience with all that fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.