A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 29 September 2015

Much Happier with this Version!

Here's my card for today:


I am so much happier with today's size / shape, layout, choice of sentiment, and placement of sentiment, than I was with this version I made two days ago:


On my blog post with this first version, I was super-critical of it as I just wasn't happy with the layout, proportions, placement of sentiment, etc.  So I had to make another one and figure out what worked better for this stamp.  I'm really happy with today's version.

I used a different sentiment stamp as it fit better than the one that came with the bird stamp.  Also the image worked really well for a square card.  And I like the wider border between the black and the outer edges of the card.

Thanks for looking at something so similar to two days ago!

Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black holly / bird, Great Impressions sentiment
Paper: cream and black cs, watercolour paper
Paper Size: 4.75" square
Ink: Ranger Archival Jet Black
Accessories: Zig brush markers, Lil Inkers stitched square die, glossy accents



2 comments:

  1. Both versions are really pretty Susan!! Great job with the Zigs! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.