A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 21 September 2015

Last of the Summer Flowers



I still have some California poppies blooming in my garden so when I saw today's SCS Technique Lovers' Challenge "Floral Frenzy" - a last curtain call for the flowers of summer, I went with poppies. And I went with autumn colours to be seasonal.

I made a Wrinkle Free Distress background on some watercolour paper and added some faint text stamp. I stamped the poppies on top, let the ink dry, and then coloured them with Distress inks. I made a real mess of painting a couple of the flowers in the centre area so restamped, coloured, and fussy cut two flowers and one bud. After I layered them on top, they looked odd so decided to highlight them by adding the square frame over that area. I'm not sure how I feel about the finished card, but it needs to go in the mail to my sister or I'll miss her birthday!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU Pleasant Poppies, Gina K sentiment
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream cs, watercolour paper
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black; Distress Old Paper, Brushed Corduroy, Bundled Sage, Antique Linen, Fired Brick, Barn Door, and Festive Berries
Accessories: Lil Inkers stitched squares dies, foam tape
Techniques: Wrinkle Free Distress

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the background ... so pretty! And great design with the frame to highlight the center flowers. I like how it makes them pop! Your sister will love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Susan great stamps and colours.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pretty spot framing design and your beautiful poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing save! I would never have thought the framed spotlight wasn't planned from the beginning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.