A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 28 September 2015

Inka Gold and a Snowflake

The SCS Christmas Card Challenge suggests a theme for each month.  September's is snowflakes with sapphire blue (sapphire is September's gemstone).


The central panel is made with a couple of different sprays to get the blue tones.  It was then embossed with a script folder, and silver Inka Gold was gently rubbed over the raised part of the embossing.  I added a die cut snowflake and sentiment, bordered the panel with white cs, and mounted it on a silver shimmer cardbase.   

The SCS Christmas Card Challenge helps me get my Christmas cards made in time - I set a quota of at least 10 a month.  Most months I've made my quota, but now need to really work hard on them - so forgive me if I inundate you with Christmas cards!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts sentiment
Paper: silver shimmer cs, white cs
Paper Size: 4.5" square
Ink: ColorBox Colonial Blue
Accessories: various blue sprays, script ef, silver Inka Gold, pale blue pearls, label die, snowflake die

2 comments:

  1. I love Christmas cards so I'm fine with seeing lots of them. This is a beautiful snowflake and I love that background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.