A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Blue - my favourite colour!

Those of you who know me (or even look at the design of my blog!) will know that blue is my favourite colour.  So I was very happy to see the ATCAS challenge "Blue".  I have a cousin who loves blue as well, and her birthday is coming up so it seemed the perfect opportunity to get her card made well in advance.  


I  used a piece of a background I'd made by sponging with Distress Peacock Feathers and Broken China, and then flicking with water.  I stamped some text with the Broken China and the sentiment and flowery flourish with Archival Black.   I bordered it with black and added it to an embossed background that seemed to go well with the image.  A few aqua and blue gemstones finished it off.

Thanks for dropping in to have a look!







Supplies:
Stamps: Tim Holtz flower flourish, Gina K sentiment, unknown text
Paper: white and black cs
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Ranger Archival Black, Distress Peacock Feathers and Broken China
Accessories: blue and aqua gemstones, Crafts Too embossing folder, foam tape

4 comments:

  1. I love this flourish and it's so pretty with the blues in the background! The embossing and gemstones add texture and sparkle. A perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! there's an Oriental look to it with the silhouette stamping on the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty design and I love the vertical sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicate and well balanced card, Susan! Love the vertical sentiment alignment, I don't find such stamps often. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS! - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.