A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Autumn Leaves

The current Addicted to CAS Challenge is "Leaves".   So I've gone with autumn leaves as the weather here is feeling very much like summer is over and autumn is almost upon us.  My favourite stamps to use at this time of year are in the Stampin Up French Foliage set.


I love the leaves in the French Foliage set but even more,  I love the script, postage mark, and blotches stamps.  So I used all of those extras on my background.  I did an inked acrylic block background with Ranger Lake Mist ink and a spritz of water, then added the script, etc. in the same ink.

The leaf is stamped and heat embossed with Brushed Corduroy, sponged with Frayed Burlap, and then fussy cut.

Wishing all of you a beautiful autumn!






Supplies:
Stamps: SU French Foliage, Inkadinkado sentiment
Ink: Ranger Lake Mist, Distress Frayed Burlap and Brushed Corduroy
Paper: cream and bronze cs
Accessories:  Nesties squares, clear ep, foam tape

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful Susan. LOVE the fall colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting background made into a stunning card by the beautiful fussy cut Autumn leaf.
    Well done! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.