A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 18 September 2015

A Topaz Reindeer


This week's Ways to Use It challenge at SCS is "What's Your Birthstone?" - to make a card with the colour of your birthstone and one neutral.

My birthday is November so my stone is topaz - an orangy-gold colour that is tricky to match. I took my topaz earring up to the craft room and found the closest cs I had - a dark gold. I also had a dp with bits of the same colour in it, so I could fulfill my personal goal of using dp on at least one card a week.

The dp is flimsy and the tape shows through it when you stick it down so I made a frame out of rectangle dies to hide the tape.

Dasher is embossed in the closest ep I have and framed with the same dark gold cs. My neutral is cream.

The SCS Christmas Card Challenge has themes set up for each month's quota so I'm putting this in my November quota as November's theme is Santa, sleighs, or reindeer.





Supplies:



















































Stamps: SU Dasher, Hero Arts Joy
Paper: dark gold cs, PTI Vintage Cream cs, PaperCo. dp
Ink: ColorBox gold
Accessories: Nesties rectangle dies, Sissix label dies, dark gold embossing powder


1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.