A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 24 July 2015

Polished Stone Background for a Dragonfly



This week's Ways to Use It challenge over at Splitcoaststampers is to use one of the reinkers techniques. I chose the Polished Stone tutorial here:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/re...olished_stone/

I love the result! It made a lovely background for my dragonfly which I stamped in archival black, bordered it with black cs with a fleur de lis border and used a narrow embossing folder on the cardbase that co-ordinated with it well. It left faint marks on the cs so I went over them with my scor buddy to make them stand out as part of the design.






Supplies:

Stamps: Tim Holtz dragonfly, SU sentiment
Paper: white and black cs, glossy cs
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Ranger Archival Black
Accessories: Distress Broken China, Faded Jeans, and Antique Linen reinkers; rubbing alcohol, Cuttlebug narrow embossing folder, fleur de lis border punch, scor buddy

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Susan! The black really pops on your polished stone background. And that is a great tip about getting around that bit of an edge from the EF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this, Susan! The background is gorgeous and shows the black images so well! Love that embossing on the side and the little edge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the result, too, Susan! It's sensational ... actually ALL the elements of this card are sensational!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.