A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 31 July 2015

Merry Monday Hearts

One of my favourite Christmas card challenges is the Merry Monday one.  The theme this time was proposed by my friend, Bonnie - "Hearts".  Quite challenging for Christmas cards, I thought!  But I ended up making two.

First up is one using a never before used stamp I bought a few months ago and had forgotten about until I went searching for stamps for the "Hearts" challenge:


I coloured it with Copics and placed it on a dark green cardbase. Then topped it with another layer of the cream cs with a circular opening, cut with an inverted scalloped die that makes me think of holly. Then I cut a frame for the opening using two sizes of the inverted scallop die.

Supplies:
Stamps: Stamp It Australia Wreath, Hero Arts sentiment
Paper: dark green and cream cs
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Archival Jet Black
Accessories: Copics, Spellbinders inverted scallops dies, dimensionals










5 comments:

  1. I love this wreath, Susan! The scalloped opening is so perfect and does look like holly! And that sentiment is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wreath!! Love the border you created with scallops. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!! Great layout and design with the reverse scalloped frame. Perfect match with your image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clean and fresh design Susan and I love the inverted scallop circle - I've never seen that before. I love how the sentiment gently curves to echo the circle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clean and fresh design Susan and I love the inverted scallop circle - I've never seen that before. I love how the sentiment gently curves to echo the circle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.