A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 31 July 2015

Merry Monday Hearts 2

I just discovered that you cannot link two images to a challenge from the same blog post so I had to redo my original post and split it into two.

Here's the second card for the Merry Monday "Hearts" challenge:

I created a background with red and green brushos, sprinkled on watercolour paper and spritzed. The blue and yellow is actually part of the green brusho crystals! When dry, I dug out an old stamp of a Christmas heart - if you look closely you'll see it has holly leaves on it. Stamped it with my MISTI to get a good impression and heat embossed it. I added it to a red border and a cream cardbase.

I'm still working on my quota for June and July for Christmas cards, and June's SCS Christmas Card Challenge is to use pearls on a card, so I used my cream pearl pen to add dimension to the pearls in the image and to add a few random pearls to the background.

And it's for today's Mixed Media challenge at SCS - "Love It" (to use something you love).  I love my brushos and I love making Christmas Cards.  Plus it's a heart and the word "love" is in the sentiment so it fits all round!

Supplies:

Stamps: Rubbernecker Christmas Heart, unknown sentiment
Paper: watercolour paper, cream and red cs
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: green and red brushos, clear embossing powder, Spellbinders rectangles, dimensionals, cream Viva Pearl Pen

6 comments:

  1. Love your background and the heart stamp. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love this background! You've got the crystals to mix so well and I love all those colors! And the heart is so perfect! I'm so glad you made 2 cards to share with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the colors blended on your background layer and the heart image is beautiful! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Christmas card, love the brushos and your pretty heart. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that brushos background Susan ... so beautiful. And great stamp for the hearts Christmas challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very interesting combination of colors! Beautiful card
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.