A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 9 July 2015

Happy Birthday, Loll!

Finally - I have a new computer, it's all set up thanks to a techie friend, and I'm excited to be back using my new blog.

Since Loll was the person who inspired me to enter blogland and helped me set up my blog, it seems appropriate that I start off on my new computer with the birthday card I made for her.

The background was done by embossing my cs with a flowery embossing folder, then dabbing Distress stains on my craft sheet and painting the raised areas of the embossed panel - the Distress stains give a lighter, more translucent look than inks.  I let it be the star of the card and just added a simple die cut navy blue sentiment (layered a couple of times for more substance) and a matching navy border.



5 comments:

  1. Lovely card Susan!! Great technique! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again, Susan. This is such a beautiful card and I love how you've added the colours on top of the embossing. It is even more beautiful in real life that what is shown on your blog. I LOVE it! You helped to make my birthday very special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Guess I'll need to add distress stains to my shopping list - LOL! Happy Birthday Loll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The navy die cut words are so pretty against the soft watercolor! Gorgeous! So glad to have you back in Blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, so light, woven with joy and sunshine. Wonderful.
    Regards,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.