A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 10 July 2015

Butterflies Galore

This week's tutorial on SCS is on the new watercolour powders (Brusho, Bister, ColorBurst, etc.).  I've had both Brushos and Bister for awhile now and love using them, especially for backgrounds.



For this card, I made a simple background out of green, blue, and purple brushos - sprinkled on wc paper and then spritzed.

Then I die cut the new Memory Box Reverse Butterfly die out of white cs and added my sentiment. The die worked better for a square card and I badly misplaced my sentiment so die cut some tiny butterflies out of scraps I trimmed off the background piece and scattered them around to balance the sentiment.







Supplies:
Stamps: Rubber Stamp Farm sentiment
Paper: white cs, watercolour paper
Paper Size: 5.25" square
Ink: Distress Tumbled Glass
Accessories: Memory Box Reverse Butterfly die, Sissix Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. A perfect die to show off the gorgeous background! Love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, So pleased that you've got a blog! I've enjoyed your other works, but didn't know how to compliment you! THis is a gorgeous background & I love the brushos. Didn't know about the Blister until recently, don't know a source either. The butterfly overlay was a gorgeous one to use with this splendid background. It just glows. TFS & thanks for your recent visit. Just checked to see that I'm already following you, and looking forward to working on HLS with you and getting to know you better. TFS & have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours in your brushos background Susan. And great save with added a few small butterflies to balance. Love the design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, this has got to be the most beautiful butterfly card I have ever seen.

    Great work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh gosh gosh - so very pretty and inspiring! TFS
    Helen - Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.